Re: Vapor barrier with void form?

A related point that does not at all answer the question.

At World of Concrete a year ago,  I spent a while talking to someone from a major void form manufacturer which I will not identify, since some people seem to think it is inappropriate to  give any pertinent information about what you are discussing, if such information is negative.

At any rate, they were heavily advertising the fact that they were now making a void form with an integral vapor retarder (i.e. they painted the top surface with something that impeded vapor transmission.)

I asked what the point was, since when the form deteriorated the vapor retarding properties were lost.

 The individual to whom I was speaking admitted it was ridiculous but said people (engineers?  slab on ground "experts"?) were asking for it, so they were making it.

Gail Kelley