Vapor barrier with form void[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Vapor barrier with form void
- From: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:01:34 -0700
Have you considered putting styrofoam on top of the void forms, then laying your taped vapor barrier on top? This would provide the same function as sand on the ground (protecting the membrane). You could also place styrofoam on top of the vapor barrier if you chose, for added protection.
I have heard too many horror stories related to putting a coating on the top of the slab-on-grade for a vapor barrier. There may be new products which can accomplish this, (which I may not be familiar with) but stopping the moisture below the concrete in the slab is the best approach for new construction, to my thinking.
With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Using IBC Supplements
- Next by Subject: Vapor barrier with void form
- Previous by thread: demolition
- Next by thread: Building Implosion