From: LaCount, Curt [mailto:Curt.LaCount(--nospam--at)jacobs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:17 PM
To: Seaint (E-mail)
Subject: Patching small holes in conc. slabs

I was wondering if anyone out there had a clever way of patching small holes in existing elevated concrete slabs.  The intent is to retain the fire rating and load capacity of an un-cored slab.  Drilling in dowels perpendicular to the hole face is not practical due to the small dimensions of the hole.  The dimensions I'm thinking about are from 2" diameter to 12" diameter holes in a 9" thick slab.

Thanks in advance,

Curt R. La Count, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Jacobs Engineering