Re: Test and Inspection Reports Catch 22

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:

Bill-

I don't know the particulars in your case, but in mine, I am genuinely
curious what I could have done to ensure that the results would have turned
out differently. I don't hire the inspectors nor the testing lab. I
understand things are different in Northern California and I was hoping to
hear how things are done up north; not that I could expect to change things
down here, but that information would be enlightening to say the least.
Hey, I agree with you! It's frustrating to have so little input in the Quality Assurance process when you know that your time is well worth the effort.

It's also frustrating to be told that you're "incompetent" because the owner doesn't see it that way.