RE: Test and Inspection Reports Catch 22

Aswin,

There is a limit to the amount of money the Architects want in the "Design"
side of the equation.  That's part of the reason that inspection and testing
have been moved to the "Construction" budget on the project.  It looks small
and gets treated that way.

Check out the City of Kansas City for what I consider a proper way to handle
Special Inspection and inspection reports.

Also, if the testing and inspection labs are saying "only to who the client
says" then their being silly and the EOR (Sorry Mr. Allen) is being ignored.
I prefer to copy as many people as possible on the design team and material
suppliers if for no other reason than to keep our name in front of them.  We
also publish in color.  Lots of fun. Initially, most of the contractors
would call about the use of "red" ink for non conforming test results etc.

Heck, this has been discussed ad nauseum since the early 90's.  Long and
short is that you cannot codify every little detail.  That's why we get paid
the big bucks don't you know.

Arvel