From: Randy Diviney [mailto:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Evaluate drafters' reliability

We are an AE firm. We keep a log of all RFI's and supplemental drawings that
are categorized by discipline. We have teams of staff work on projects so it
is easy to determine who does what. I have found that a good structural
draftsman is sometimes more important than the engineer. The detailing,
dimensioning and elevations of steel is where we see most of our problems.

On a side note, it seems the architectural drawings are getting worse and
worse and we get blamed for them not showing what they should.

Randy Diviney
Director of Engineering
Hayes Large Architects