From: David Fisher [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:20 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Evaluate drafters' reliability

Simple:

Don't use drafters...have the ENGINEERS who are designing And detailing the
building do the drawings...!

That's what we do...

After spending six years at large A/E firms with draftsmen, I've found That
it is much less productive over time...errors are much more likely.

Here's how it goes:

-	SE marks up drawing
-	Cad tech picks up marks
-	SE reviews new plot and re-marks
-	Cad tech picks up marks...again
-	SE reviews new plot and re-marks
-	....

You get the idea.

No offense to the fine Cad techs who are out there...that's just been my
Experience...nothing more.

David L. Fisher SE PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+Partners