RE: seismic joint

I thought about it acting that way at the foundation, but I wasn't sure what influence each building's mass and independent period would have on its own foundation.  One building is larger and taller than the other and I don't know if there is a vapor barrier under the existing structure or not.

I was thinking only if there was no relative slip at the base between the slab and the earth when looking at the buildings simultaneously, then no contact between the foundations would occur. Maybe I was thinking too much.

Will

Download your favorite songs at MSN Music - Over 1 million songs for just 99¢ each ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********