RE: How to quantify Drawings' reliability?

From: Wontae Kim [mailto:kimwontae(--nospam--at)email.com]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 8:08 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: How to quantify Drawings' reliability?

I didn't imagine my question would bring about big debate!

****

 I need standard, method, or technique to quantify drawings' reliability!!!

You wouldn't BELIEVE what can spark a long thread around here!

But yours was an excellent question, fundamental to the operation of the modern structural engineering office.

FWIW, sounds like you want "metrics" along the same lines that many businesses do. You may have to develop your own. There are a lot of general business science publications, textbooks, etc., that talk about developing quality metrics for various activities. Heck, this might even be a "six sigma" candidate.

Thanks, Kim, you bring up some great topics.

Regards from "Polhemus Engineering in Exile".