RE: Evaluate drafters' reliability

After seeing Jeff's post, I must make a comment about my previous post:

With advances in software integration between drafting and analysis
packages, it might be economical to reduce (or eliminate) drafting staff.

My firm is converting to Autodesk software, and the structural department is
currently using RAM CADstudio to integrate the drawings and analysis model.

I do a lot of drafting myself -- if you want it done right................

Jeff used to work in my department (before he went to SUNNY Florida); he is
a technician that can run with a job, and it was done right.  With any and
all software innovations, drafting staff is still a requirement in the
office -- you just need to find the right ones.

Bottom line -- I feel it is better to have no technicians, then ones that
cannot excel at their job.

Terry Triest, EIT
Structural Department
Hayes Large Architects, LLP