RE: Buried Concrete Structures

If you have a choice, make it round.

-----Original Message-----
From: Acie Chance [mailto:achance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 3:31 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Buried Concrete Structures

      I am designing a concrete structures for a pump stations which is
going to be buried very deep.  The structures will be 50 feet below grade.
The structure will be 80 feet by 50 feet.  The references I have found
around the office date to the late seventies and early eighties.  If any one
has anything newer I would like to know about it.  Of particular concern is
the soil loading to the structure.  If I design for Atrest pressure (60
#/ft.^3) the side of the structure will be thick.  I would like to know of
any technical references and/or experiences any one out there has had.

Thanks
Acie Chance

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).