Re: Tongue and Groove Cedar Siding

Molly-

I see if I can dig up some data on a large roof diaphragm; spaced 1x4
or 1x6 sheathing
( I cannot rmember the detail right now)

We tested for shear resistance before the shingles went on.  This
might will you a lower bound number.

Your client can't have it both ways.

Maybe the "right" solution is remove the T&G, sheath & replace the T&G.

Also if it's his hobby farm why the galv screws?
Use SS, the cost increase is minimal compared to the boost in performance.

The addition of 15 gage fiinish nails (lots of them) might be a
possible solution.

cheers
Bob