Re: Evaluate drafters' reliability

David,
Right on.  I had two such men work for me.  I could take them out to
a job site and describe the project and discuss it with them and they
could design and draw it.  I seldom had to make any major changes-
just review the drawings, check sizes and maybe add some details.
These guys over the years learned as much as any engineer except some
of the theories. They were extremely valuable men and there are more
out there, but I fear they, with a few exceptions, are a dying breed.
Gary