Re: '04 IBC Supplement

> From: "Jake Watson" <jwatson(--nospam--at)utahisp.com>

> Does anyone know what changes were made to the IBC structural provisions
> with the 04 IBC Supplement?  If someone could give me the highlights I
> would appreciate it.

The total Supplement is as thick as ASCE 7-02 and covers all ICC codes.
There are 97 pages devoted to the IBC; 10 pages devoted to Chapter 16
provide a good slash and burn to make it less redundant to - and more
consistent with - ASCE 7-02. Huge chunks are deleted and redirected to
ASCE 7. It took me considerable time to make the changes to my code
copy. Wish they had issued a pdf to print the updated sections.

They fixed the load combination inconsistency between LRFD and ASD,
among other "editorial" adjustments.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International