Re: Using IBC Supplements

> From: "Sherman, William" <ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>

> I don't have an answer to the question below, but I am curious as to how
> supplements are typically used by other engineers. My understanding is
> that code supplements only apply if the jurisdiction has directly
> adopted the supplements to the code. I've only rarely seen such
> supplements explicitly adopted.

On a recent project, I was successful in having the building authority
accept specific IBC supplements because they clarified the intent. It
made their job easier. They did talk to ICC before they would accept.

ICC appears to have made every effort to avoid using the word "errata".

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International