RE: crane runway

I may be off here, but at least for the crane part of the design, I would think that impact/stopping loads would outweigh (pun intended) any seismic loading. Especially on a 60 ton crane. 120,000lbs x 0.2= 24kip seems like a pretty sizeable lateral load, compared to seismic loading on just the crane. I do not know how the crane structure interacts with the rest of you building so I cannot comment on that...

HTH,

Andrew Kester, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
Lake Mary, FL