New PTI Slab on Ground Manual[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: New PTI Slab on Ground Manual
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:53:38 EDT
There was a question a while back about the new (3rd Edition) PTI Slab on Ground manual.
Having had a chance to review it over the weekend, I would classify it is "sloppy, badly done, and full of mistakes and inconsistencies."
Personally, I have nothing against the word "incompetent" but in deference to those who find it offensive, I will simply say that the new PTI slab on ground manual and its accompanying code standards is going to be a gold-mine for the litigation minded.
In other publication news, PCA is doing a complete revision to its "Concrete Floors on Ground" publication. The new version is scheduled to be out in June, I think.
Is their decision to do such a hasty rewrite a result of the fact that I broadcast my opinion that the existing manual is embarrassingly bad ? Maybe not, but since every one in the industry had negative comments, I guess they had to do something.
The existing PCA publication credits and thanks a number of people for their help, however as I understand it, all of them are now trying to pretend they had nothing to do with the publication. Some of them are in kind of a tight spot, however, since they were apparently paid a token fee to review the manual.
- Prev by Subject: RE: New Channel Shape
- Next by Subject: Fw: A new way to connect structural to concrete.
- Previous by thread: RE: [OT] RE: Evaluate drafters' reliability
- Next by thread: Hanger connection calculation, LRFD Manual Pg 15-9