RE: Residential Deck Live Load[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Residential Deck Live Load
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:47:40 -0700
The load depends on if it’s a “Deck” or a “Balcony.” There is a formal definition for decks and balconies listed in IBC section 1602. If you read those it should clear it up for you as to which loads to use.
Under item 27, I am not sure why the Code would state the load of 40 psf for all other areas except balconies and decks unless the intent is for decks and balconies to have a different load but I would agree that the code is rather ambiguous about it. I would always use 60 psf and note it on the drawings.
From: David Smith
- Prev by Subject: Re: Residential Deck Live Load
- Next by Subject: RE: Residential Deck Live Load
- Previous by thread: Re: Residential Deck Live Load, not the deck but the connections
- Next by thread: RE: Residential Deck Live Load