From: Domenic DeAngelo <domdean(--nospam--at)comcast.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:40:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Residential Deck Live Load

Under item 27, I am not sure why the Code would state the load of 40 psf for all other areas except balconies and decks unless the intent is for decks and balconies to have a different load but I would agree that the code is rather ambiguous about it. I would always use 60 psf and note it on the drawings.