From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Thornthwaite Index

My question was actually whether the map showing Thornthwaite Index values is what is typically used in design of post-tensioned slabs-on-ground and if so, is it ever questioned.

I know there have been some questions both for the age of the data, and for the fact it only shows 20 years of data (a 20-year return period.)   Most houses are built with the expectation they will last more than 20 years..  (mine has lasted almost 100).

Gail Kelley