Re: Boring Logs

In the pipeline and refinery industry, the boring logs
are not included in the plans. If the contractor
requests that information to facilitate his bidding,
the geotech report is made available to him. In
projects involving cross country pipeline and pipeline
boring under roads/rivers, the onus of getting geotech
investigation is passed on to the pipeline contractor.
In directional drilling projects, for example, placing
boring logs on the drawing is guaranteed to bring
litigation.

I have seen boring logs on public works projects such
as road bridges and dams built by USBR. I don't know
what is the practice anymore in those industries.

Rajendran