aluminum HSS connection design

I'm looking for a guide for the design of aluminum
hollow structural section connections (T, K, Y, and
X-type connections).  I would expect something similar
to the AWS D1.1 guidelines and the Packer and
Henderson book for such HSS steel connections.

There's nothing useful on this in AWS D1.2 or the
Aluminum Design Manual published by the Aluminum
Association.

If there are no such guides or manuals, what do folks
think about using the AWS D1.1 equations for steel
(substituting strengths appropriate for the aluminum
materials...)

T hanks,

d a v e  e v a n s