Re: Top plate splices

In your previous post, where you made an error in
calculating the bending stress, the allowable stress
was 1200 psi. In this one, you have changed it to 1688
psi. Why?

Also, should you not add the direct stress =
4800/(2*1.5*3.5) = 457 psi. If you did, 1371+457 =
1828 psi > 1688 psi. NG?

In any case, if an eccentric situation arises, why not
provide calculation to show that the connection is
adequate?

Rajendran