Retaining wall replacement

I am looking for ideas to replace an existing creosote
timber wall on my own property.  A major goal is to
minimize disturbance of existing conditions.  There is
a 6ft to 8ft tall wall with a 6ft shelf and another
5ft wall on top of that.  The total wall is over 100ft
long.  Approximately 40ft of it needs to be restored
exactly in its current location.  The rest can be set
partially or wholly in front of the existing.

One block manufacturer has engineered the lower wall
with 7ft wide geogrid starting at the bottom course.
This is a major inconvenience because it requires
removing so much existing earth, not to mention
landscaping, trees and sidewalks above; possibly even
a portion of my front porch.  Limited access and
restricted equipment size are also big factors.

I like the idea of a ReCon block for its engineering
properties, but its too heavy to get to this location.
 PIP concrete is not an option.

The only practical way to greatly reduce the
excavation seems to be some type of soil anchor.  I've
spoken to Chance about it, and it doesn't sound out of
the question from a cost stand point.  But I don't
know how they would attach to the rear of the stone
wall.  Could buried steel strong backs be used to
accomplish this?

I've tried all of the local landscape-type guys
without much help.  One suggestion I got was to wait
until the existing wood wall collapses and then fix
it.  Thanks, but no thanks.

If there is a precedent for using soil anchors with an
engineered block wall, I would like to learn more
about it.   Any other ideas are also appreciated.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA