Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Bridge Terminology

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

What is common terminology (for bridges) for the girder beams that support the deck beams(?) (running parallel to the roadway) and rest directly on top of the piles. What is the aforementioned deck beam(floor beam/joist) typically called?

Just curious,

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********