Roof Truss Tie Downs

Hi all!

I think I have a simple question, but then again…maybe it’s not that simple.  Can someone please inform me if there is literature or a code that requires the installation of roof truss tie-downs or hurricane clips prior to the installation of the roof sheathing?  I figure it’s a “no brainer” and common sense tells you that you need to tie the trusses down before you attach the component that will cause the uplift on the truss.  I would appreciate if anyone could point to specific literature stating this.  Or, let me know if I’m “out to lunch” on this one.

Thanks!

Brian Hsi, P.E.