Re: Retaining wall replacement

Jordan,

I've thought about the beam concept, and actually
convinced myself at one point that it was the way to
go (although I was thinking a steel beam.)  But since
I want to go with engineered stone, I am somewhat
dependent on finding a manufacturer that has a
pre-defined system for this purpose.  I'm also
reluctant to do the engineering myself.  Kind of like
the carpenter who can't be bothered with fixing doors
that don't close right in his own house.

>From Martin's email, I see that Anchor does have a
tie-back system engineered to work with their block.
I'll be checking that out more tomorrow.

The shotcrete concept Arvel mentioned would be real
slick, but then I still have to face the wall with
stone and deal with drainage and a system that might
not work with the block manufacturer's
recommendations.  It could be worth a few follow-up
calls, though.

Thanks for the ideas,
Jim

--- "Jordan Truesdell, PE"