Re: Moment-curvature rel's for steel sections

Bhaskar,

The curvature has something to do with beam slope and deflection along
bottom of the beam.

1)    Treat span as simple span
2)    Apply M/EI moment diagram, including end moments
3)    Slope = Shear from M/EI loads
4)    Deflection = Moment from same M/EI loads
5)    You got Moment-Slope or Moment-Deflection relationships

TJ

"BHASKAR BONGARALA" <bhaskar_civil(--nospam--at)iitb.ac.in> wrote on 04/15/2005 09:12:56
AM: