From: Hans E Boge [mailto:Hanseb(--nospam--at)boge-boge.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 1:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: A7 steel

Our office policy is not to weld to A7 steel for main structural elements.

Not only is the welding difficult it adversely affects the parent material.

Handrails and light loads from cable trays are permitted on occasion.

I have never seen a welding procedure to a7 steel with modern steels.  Anyone have one.

That being said, I have welded to A7 steels as a last resort, but then I put on lots.  Double what is typically required.

Hans E. Boge, P. Eng.

Boge Boge (1980) Ltd.

268 Ellen Street

Winnipeg MB, Canada, R3A 1A7