RE: Is this a Structural Observation or an Inspection?

Gary -

My first paragraph in my structural observation reports states in detail
that the SO is not an inspection and does NOT replace any mandated
inspections.

So....IMO, his ass would still be hanging out there in my case for whatever
liability there might be which I believe is probably fairly minimal.

This is the exact wording of my first paragraph:

In accordance with project requirements, I visited the site on xxx, 200x for
the purposes of performing a structural observation. This event does not
replace the need or the requirement for inspections by representatives of
the building department or inspections required for items specified on the
construction documents identified as "special inspection required".

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
http://www.AllenDesigns.com
V (949) 248-8588	 .	 F (949) 209-2509