Re: PTI publication

Well,  I wouldn't pay for it,  but don't let my opinions affect your purchasing decisions.  It's basically a lot of discussion of strut and tie modeling.  It's kind of textbook writing, rather than a practical, here's-how-you-do it approach.   It was taken from a NCHRP report (NCHRP 356),  as was the section on anchorages in Chapter 18 of ACI 318.

The concepts are not really well presented as far as a logical development of ideas;  there are some examples,  but I'm not sure you could follow them easily unless you already understood what they were illustrating.  There are a few (cursory) monostrand examples but it's basically oriented towards bridge (multi-strand) anchorages.

You might find it interesting, particularly if you like reading about strut and tie modeling, but I'm not sure you'll find it helpful.  You may in fact be misled by some of the discussion.

Of course, just my opinion.

Gail Kelley