From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent:
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:57 PM
To: SEAOC Newsletter
Subject: Re: Thank You for your kind thoughts

On Apr 18, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Dennis S. Wish, PE wrote:

> Health care is not a privilege in this country - it is the right of

> each citizen in this country to be cared for - including those here

> illegally..

You sure got that right, and this time I guess I'll be leading the

charge against whatever idiotic tirade Polhemus comes up with. And I'll

be loving it.

While you were gone I had a little episode of my own: cardiac arrest

getting off the bus on the way home from a seminar on March 2. I was

incredibly lucky and had an angiogram and a couple of stents in place

before I came to the next day. The responders showed up within 2

minutes so there was no damage. I've been through all the therapy and

I'm back living pretty much normally, except for a low fat, low

cholesterol diet. The payoff is that I've lost 10 lb and I'm no longer

troubled with heartburn.

Lucky I have insurance and Medicare. The ambulance alone was over

$1000, and the cops did the de-fib at no charge. eventually I'll be

seeing the bills, but if it comes to less than 30 grand I'll be very

surprised. All because I was lucky enough to have a pretty good job for

an employer who offers health insurance. The first time I tried working

on my own I went bare, and was mortally sorry when S needed a

hysterectomy. We paid for that for several years.

Anyway, it looks like we're both on the mend. So keep the faith, and be

thinking good thoughts about Tom DeLay--may his demise be nasty,

disgraceful and above all final.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.

1864)

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org