From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:57 AM
To: SEAOC Newsletter
Subject: Re: Thank You for your kind thoughts

On Apr 18, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Dennis S. Wish, PE wrote:

> Health care is not a privilege in this country - it is the right of
> each citizen in this country to be cared for - including those here
> illegally..
You sure got that right, and this time I guess I'll be leading the
charge against whatever idiotic tirade Polhemus comes up with. And I'll
be loving it.

While you were gone I had a little episode of my own: cardiac arrest
getting off the bus on the way home from a seminar on March 2. I was
incredibly lucky and had an angiogram and a couple of stents in place
before I came to the next day. The responders showed up within 2
minutes so there was no damage. I've been through all the therapy and
I'm back living pretty much normally, except for a low fat, low
cholesterol diet. The payoff is that I've lost 10 lb and I'm no longer
troubled with heartburn.

Lucky I have insurance and Medicare. The ambulance alone was over
$1000, and the cops did the de-fib at no charge. eventually I'll be
seeing the bills, but if it comes to less than 30 grand I'll be very
surprised. All because I was lucky enough to have a pretty good job for
an employer who offers health insurance. The first time I tried working
on my own I went bare, and was mortally sorry when S needed a
hysterectomy. We paid for that for several years.

Anyway, it looks like we're both on the mend. So keep the faith, and be
thinking good thoughts about Tom DeLay--may his demise be nasty,
disgraceful and above all final.

1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/