Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Thank You for your kind thoughts

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I am glad Dennis and family are doing better, it was nice to read his note.

HOWEVER, in a country as rich as ours, health care is unfortunately based upon
a capitalistic tenet, you get what you pay for.   I have no problem with that,
except
the basic needs of all in our society.  I am not into socialism, but we are
doing well
enough to provide basic maternity, preventative and child care.   If someone
wants
cosmetic surgery, let them pay for it.   If someone is a victim, and needs
remedial
surgery, I think it is not there fault, and appropriate financing mechanisms are
OK!

A failed welfare system, as well as the prisons, do not help this society - I
will grant
you that premise.  But a lot of my friends in California are Hispanic, of first,
or second, and later generations.  Some are naturalized, some are born here, and
I think they should be able to work jobs that some of our welfare people wont
take.

I could go into foreign aide, but in keeping with your points, it is illegal to
cross the
border without the proper Visas.  Some counties, and states are stuck with these
costs in providing basic care - but I think it may be worth it.

John Turner, EE, CE


Don wrote:

> Dear Dennis,
>
> I am glad you and your family are on the mend.  I am glad that you and your
> wife are producive members of our society.  I am glad that you work hard and
> earn enough money for yourselves and your company to be able to afford
> health care.  I am, however, offended that you would use this situation,
> when many of us feel sympathy for you and your family, to slide in political
> commentary.
>
> Since you opened the door in such a sinister way, I feel obligated to
> counter.  Who exactly, gave everyone the right to healthcare?  Its not in
> the constitution.  Its not in the bill of rights.  Its not a right.  It?s a
> privelige.  Just like your Mercedes or my Porsche.  We work hard, earn
> money, pay our bills, save some of our earnings, and have money set aside
> for bad events, investments, our children's education, and toys.  We pay
> money into a system that spreads the load for big items like bridges and
> roads and F-18s and aircraft carriers.  That money also pays for the
> healthcare of a failed welfare system that encourages people not to work and
> to have children out of wedlock.
>
> You state "right of each citizen in this country to be cared for - including
> those here illegally".  I disagree with your basic tenet that healthcare is
> every cizens right, but even if I agreed with that, your argument is flawed.
> "Those here illegally" are not citizens.  They are criminals.  Yep, you got
> it.  Criminals.  We have a law against entering this country without
> permission in the form of a VISA.  If you break that law, you are a
> criminal.  You have no rights other than to be put in jail, or on a bus to
> the nearest border.  What you are saying, in effect, is "raise my taxes and
> encourage more people from other countries to come here and suck off our
> systems of entitlement."
>
> To Chris and Dennis, we have incredible healcare in the United States
> because it is profitable.  Insurance companies, doctors, drug companies,
> medical equipment companies, etc. are here and healthy because they make
> lots of money.  They are able to make lots of money because of the
> productivity of the American people.  Allowing millions of illegal aliens
> into the country to take advantage of our healthcare at our expense will
> reduce the quality of that healthcare.
>
> I'm done.  My nomex suit is on.  Flame away.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Donald R. Bryant, PE (who hates paying for health insurance but would rather
> pay that than more to the govenrment. 108 days of the year went to paying
> the government!)
> STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY
> 518 Bushnell Drive
> Virginia Beach, VA  23451
> 757-428-6471
> fax 757-428-6473
>
> --
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.17 - Release Date: 4/19/2005
>
>
> ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
> *   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
> *
> *   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
> *   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
> *   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
> *   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
> *   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org
> ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********


******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* 
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*
*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********