Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Thank You for your kind thoughts

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Don,
I have to agree with your statement that people who
cross the border to use the health system should be
put in jail.  That should include all the Americans
who can't afford insurance and come to Canada and use
forged health care cards or forged identity cards to
try to get some health care which they probably can't
get in the USA.
Gary


On 19 Apr 2005 at 9:16, Don wrote:

> Dear Dennis,
> 
> I am glad you and your family are on the mend.  I am glad that you and
> your wife are producive members of our society.  I am glad that you
> work hard and earn enough money for yourselves and your company to be
> able to afford health care.  I am, however, offended that you would
> use this situation, when many of us feel sympathy for you and your
> family, to slide in political commentary.
> 
> Since you opened the door in such a sinister way, I feel obligated to
> counter.  Who exactly, gave everyone the right to healthcare?  Its not
> in the constitution.  Its not in the bill of rights.  Its not a right.
>  It?s a privelige.  Just like your Mercedes or my Porsche.  We work
> hard, earn money, pay our bills, save some of our earnings, and have
> money set aside for bad events, investments, our children's education,
> and toys.  We pay money into a system that spreads the load for big
> items like bridges and roads and F-18s and aircraft carriers.  That
> money also pays for the healthcare of a failed welfare system that
> encourages people not to work and to have children out of wedlock.
> 
> You state "right of each citizen in this country to be cared for -
> including those here illegally".  I disagree with your basic tenet
> that healthcare is every cizens right, but even if I agreed with that,
> your argument is flawed. "Those here illegally" are not citizens. 
> They are criminals.  Yep, you got it.  Criminals.  We have a law
> against entering this country without permission in the form of a
> VISA.  If you break that law, you are a criminal.  You have no rights
> other than to be put in jail, or on a bus to the nearest border.  What
> you are saying, in effect, is "raise my taxes and encourage more
> people from other countries to come here and suck off our systems of
> entitlement."
> 
> To Chris and Dennis, we have incredible healcare in the United States
> because it is profitable.  Insurance companies, doctors, drug
> companies, medical equipment companies, etc. are here and healthy
> because they make lots of money.  They are able to make lots of money
> because of the productivity of the American people.  Allowing millions
> of illegal aliens into the country to take advantage of our healthcare
> at our expense will reduce the quality of that healthcare.
> 
> I'm done.  My nomex suit is on.  Flame away.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Donald R. Bryant, PE (who hates paying for health insurance but would
> rather pay that than more to the govenrment. 108 days of the year went
> to paying the government!) STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY 518 Bushnell Drive
> Virginia Beach, VA  23451 757-428-6471 fax 757-428-6473
> 
> -- 
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.17 - Release Date: 4/19/2005
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
> *   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
> * 
> *   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
> *   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
> *   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you 
> *   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
> *   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org 
> ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ******** 



******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* 
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*
*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********