Wheel Loading on Ret. Walls

I am currently designing some cantilevered retaining walls which have an access road behind them which the city uses occassionally to maintain some water tanks. The city is requiring that the walls be designed for an "HS2044" wheel loading. I don't have the AASHTO standards, but remember that the "H20" loading was 32 kips per axle or 16 kips per tire set. Does someone know what the "HS2044" loading is, and is it possible to apply it as a pounds per square foot vertical load behind the wall, (say 250 psf)??

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, SE