From: lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net [mailto:lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:32 AM
To: SEAOC
Subject: Wheel Loading on Ret. Walls

I am currently designing some cantilevered retaining walls which have an
access road behind them which the city uses occassionally to maintain
some water tanks. The city is requiring that the walls be designed for
an "HS2044" wheel loading. I don't have the AASHTO standards, but
remember that the "H20" loading was 32 kips per axle or 16 kips per tire
set. Does someone know what the "HS2044" loading is, and is it possible
to apply it as a pounds per square foot vertical load behind the wall,
(say 250 psf)??

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer, SE