Load bearing partition on post-tensioned slab[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Load bearing partition on post-tensioned slab
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:39:45 EDT
An article I read recently said that both the UBC and IBC "provide design methods for determining the capacity of a post-tensioned slab to support the load from a bearing wall."
I haven't looked that closely but I've never seen anything in the IBC. Has anyone else seen one?
There is a procedure in the PTI Slab on Grade manual, which is referenced by the IBC, but that is not really the same as the "IBC providing a design method", especially since the PTI manual is a reference only for design on expansive soils.
The procedure in the PTI manual is just the standard "beam on an elastic foundation" equation.
- Prev by Subject: RE: LNG Concrete Containment
- Next by Subject: RE: Load bearing partition on post-tensioned slab
- Previous by thread: Fw: Download Supreme Court Notice on Unsafe Buildings
- Next by thread: RE: Load bearing partition on post-tensioned slab