From: "Timothy Allison" <t_allison(--nospam--at)illinoisalumni.org>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Bolt strengths
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:24:24 -0700

List,

Is there a comprehensive piece of literature that gives the properties
of various bolts? I've found a few fastener manufacturers that list
properties, but these properties appear to vary by manufacturer, and
they don't appear to conform to standards like ASTM A325. It seems there
is some misinformation floating about out there. I'm also seeking
information on Grade 5, Grade 8, etc., which appear to be SAE
designations. Ideally, the info would just be a chart of bolt grade, Fv,
Ft, etc. I feel like I'm overlooking an obovious resource, but I keep
coming up with nothing.