Re: Bolt strengths

Eric:

Thanks for your concern, not to worry I only allow the substitution if they are A307's.  I usually wonder where they come up with these bolts......laying around the garage.......extra stuff at the lumber yard.........left over from last years job....

I once asked a contractor about the steel column to wood beam connection.  Kiddingly I said that the bolts head had a nice pattern his answer "great I get them from my roommates machine shop here reworks car engines"

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
641 Louise Drive
Palm Springs, CA