Re: Residential Deck Live Load[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Residential Deck Live Load
- From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:26:34 EDT
The 60 psf LL for "balconies" is intended for cantilevered balconies, if not cantilevered it is a deck with a LL of 40 psf.
However, for a big balcony I would be very conservative in the design and increase the LL to 100 psf.
My 5 cents
Antonio S. Luisoni
Granada Hills, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Residential Deck Live Load
- Next by Subject: Re: Residential Deck Live Load, not the deck but the connections
- Previous by thread: RE: Residential Deck Live Load
- Next by thread: Thornthwaite Index