From: Will Haynes [mailto:gtg740p(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Composite Beams vs Composite Joists

I am looking for some opinions on using composite steel joists instead of composite steel beams for a typical concrete floor slab in an office building. I have almost always seen composite steel beam floor slabs and I just wonder why there are not more composite joists being used?

I am sure it comes down to money, but I wonder how can comp. joists really be that much more expensive than beams? You also get the advantage of running the mechanical through the joists.

Will Haynes

Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now! ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********