From: Fix, Joseph [mailto:Joseph.Fix(--nospam--at)dmjmharris.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 8:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Radiant tubing in elevated slab

I am doing a residential project with an elevated garage floor with radiant heating tubes.  The slab will be supported on (composite?) steel decking.  I have some concerns:  compromising the integrity of the slab, installing negative moment reinforcing (if needed).

I know radiant tubing is often put in slabs-on-grade but I can’t find anything for elevated slabs.

Thanks,

Joe Fix