From: Joe Grill <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:59:37 -0700
Subject: Single or Double angle bending member

If you have two angles toe to toe with the vertical legs in compression would this be considered a double angle bending member or 2-single angle bending members?  We are cutting a new opening in a masonry wall and want to use double angles at the head of the opening.  Considering the design process for single angle members, it would sure be nice if this is considered a double angle bending member.
Thanks,
Joe Grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.