Re: Single or Double angle bending member

Will Haynes wrote:

Just using that quick estimate does not include local buckling like the Single Angle Spec requires. But it may end up being conservative for most lintel angles.

I put together a mathcad sheet for bending + axial tension/compression for single-angle ledgers. Took me maybe a couple of hours to do; now I use it freely, taking only a couple of minutes for any such situation.

The computer is your friend.