Re: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint(--nospam--at)Seaint. Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution
- From: "S. Gordin" <mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:37:35 -0700
Structures are also unaware of the requirements of the code and all the formulas and other results (for what they are worth) of scientific research. My understanding is that the initial response will be at 50-50, then the compressed brace will buckle (if designed for less than that), and the tension brace will have to take 100% (if it can).
I saw something like that at a large industrial building in Glendale after the 1994 Northridge earthquake.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution
- Next by Subject: RE: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution
- Previous by thread: Re: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution
- Next by thread: RE: 70%-30% Bracing Load Distribution