From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
Sent: Apr 26, 2005 11:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Pile Ties

p-s is a volumetric ratio. Evaluate a 1 foot segment of pile length to
determine the volume of spiral required for the volume of core.

Knowing required volume of spiral leads you to length of spiral which would
lead you to the number of revolutions within the 1 foot segment which would
lead you to pitch of spiral.

Someone probably has an easier way.

Mark

My second question is: How is formula 21-2 of the '97 UBC interpreted? It is
a simple formula, but when you get a p-s of 0.008 for the materials used,
and a core area of 227 in. sq. for a 24" diam. pile, how is this converted
into a tie spacing?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hauer SE