Re: [Off Topic] Dennis, Gail, and Others

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

Dennis:

You misspelled bankruptcy!  Unfamiliarity with that term is probably a
good thing.  However, sending a reply to Gail Kelley with a spelling
error in it is like dangling a banana in front of a gorilla.

On a more serious note, I led you and many others to adopt AVG as your
primary virus defense a long time ago.  I use it myself, on my home PC.
Last Friday, that PC crashed and I spent most of the weekend trying to
get it to boot back up.  Yesterday, the IT gurus at the office suggested
that the PC probably had a virus despite AVG.  They suggested that I do
a free online scan at:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principa
l.htm

I had Panda scan every file and it took several hours, but it did find
and destroy a virus [trj/downloader.BOG, first discovered 03/30/05,
serious threat].  Today, I still find no mention of that virus in the
AVG virus encyclopedia.  Panda also found spyware not detected an hour
before by Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.  AVG, Ad-Aware, and Spybot are all
freeware.  Lesson:  You get what you pay for!

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas
Dear Stan,

Of course this neat site is only avaliable to those toeing the official Microsoft line. Plus you have to allow Active-X loaded on your computer. Looks like a big no thanks, not worth the trouble if you fall into the Netscpae / Firefox side of the world.

Patrick Rodgers.