LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Do I Need One Or Don't I?

Title: LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Do I Need One Or Don't I?

I mentioned earlier that I'm doing some work in PA for my current "employer." I'm "only a contractor," so they are less an "employer" and more a "client" in the sense that they I'm not on their payroll.

However, I do report to their Civil/Structural group supervisor and get marching orders from him.

In the past, I know, those states in which I am licensed have a provision for those doing "in house" engineering for their employer, on the employer's property and for the employer's facilities, that they don't need to be licensed in the state where that facility is situated.

But I'm just not sure about my situation. I don't want the headache of getting licensed--even temporarily--and the supervisor here is sanguine about the whole thing. But it's not his license on the line.

PA's rules for Professional Engineers are at the following location (the file is a PDF):

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter37/049_0037.pdf

Oddly, these rules seem to tell you HOW to get licensed, but really not WHY, at least not that I could find. If anyone sees anything in there, give me a yell.

What's the opinion of my cohorts here on this list?

Thanks.