From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:Bill.Polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 11:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PENNSYLVANIA BUILDING CODE - Historic Live Load Specification

I'm looking at a problem structure in Pennsylvania (Lancaster CO, to be more precise). Floor framing consists of p/s beams that have almost certainly seen a live load in excess of that for which they were designed. The current Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (IBC 2003) is pretty clear on what the minium design LL ought to be, but I'm wondering how that compares with what was in force (if any) when the structure was designed.

Does anyone possess any information on the Pennsylvania building code in effect during the early to late 1960s?

Thanks.